Tuesday 5 November 2013

Idea Change


After researching indie music and bands for a couple of weeks, I have decided to change my idea. This idea change comes with a new genre of music to promote which is folk and the sub genres that branch off of this. And rather than promoting an indie band, I will be promoting a folk singer-songwriter.

These pictures above show the beginning of my research into folk/indie folk music. The two artists I looked at were Ben Howard and Mumford & Sons. Looking at these two artists has helped me to see how folk music has had an increase in interest in the past 5 years or so. This is why I feel changing my concept would be a good idea.

I have decided to change my idea as I feel that promoting a style of music that may not have been exposed as much as others will bring people to find a new style of music that they may not have heard before, but may enjoy. The audience for this genre of music is very wide and is quite difficult to define. Although I think the majority of people that listen to folk music, tend to be a lot more open to different genres of music.

1 comment:

  1. This shows that you have thought through your idea Jess, and you are exploring the different genres and possibilities for development. I like the idea that you have settled on. You need to make sure that you have a secure understanding of the audience of this genre so that your practical work is undertaken accordingly.

    ReplyDelete