Sunday 12 January 2014

Questionnaire Results

Before carrying out my questionnaire, I made a hypothesis as to what I was expecting to find from carrying out this questionnaire. I expected that the majority of people who took part would not listen to folk music, but I expected that a lot of them would listen to pop music. One of the reasons why I chose the genre of folk was because I knew that not many people would listen to it so I felt it needed to be promoted and deserved to be heard. I also predicted that the majority of people would have been to a concert/festival/gig of some sort which is where I picture my singer performing. Below is a picture of my questionnaire that I carried out:
After asking these set of questions to 30 people with a mixture of ages, genders and preferences, I managed to prove my hypothesis right. Of the 30 people that took part in my questionnaire, only 10 of them said that they listened to folk music and the majority of these people tended to listen to most other genres of music too.
And 14 people had been to a festival at least once, proving that most people are open to listen to most types of music as that is what festivals are all about. And all but one person had been to a concert or gig of some sort, proving my hypothesis yet again.
From these results it is clear to see that my reasoning for choosing the genre of folk was a good decision and that I should definitely continue with my idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment