Wednesday 2 April 2014

Artist Promotional Video - Final Edit AS Media Coursework



This is my final edit for my broadcasting task as part of my media coursework. I decided to do a promotional video that includes biographical information, live footage of musical performances and an original song that plays in the background.

The camera angles that I used were pretty basic. I mainly used mid wide shots with a few mid-close ups. I decided to use these shots because I wanted the video to be very simplistic and only focus on the singer and what she was saying, rather than anything else in the room. I used natural lighting in the video to also give the video a simplistic feel. This is similar to the music genre that I have chosen to promote and is the reason as to why I made these choices.

The music in the video is non-diegetic and is an original song by the singer, and I was given permission to use the song to avoid copyright issues. Some of the music from live performances that are in the video are originals and others are covers. However, Megan has put her own spin on the covers making it seem as though it is a different song all together.

In editing, I added some effects to the video. When I included the live performances, I made sure to use the swap scene effect to make the video run smoothly. If I did not do this, the video could have looked quite bitty and like it didn't flow properly. To get back into the talking parts of the video, after a music performance, I made sure that the videos faded out so that it would run smoothly again.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Jess. Will give my detailed comments soon :)

    ReplyDelete